How To Apply (Master)
Applicant Selection ProcedureThe admission to the Master's Courses of Studies is restricted, so an approval procedure has to be passed.
The admission to the consecutive Master's Course of Studies is based on an Applicant Selection Procedure, which will be conducted on the basis of the following documents to be added to the application in German or English:
- A graduate certificate from the previous degree course and further documents which show the final mark, length of study and courses taken (e.g. in the form of an academic transcript, transcript of records or corresponding performance records),
- a description of the contents of the courses as listed under 1),
- a statement including motive for the proposed admittance to the course and an explanation of study goals,
- a description of career and personal background with explanations about practical knowledge and experience where necessary,
- letters of recommendation from at least 2 university lecturers; the letters of recommendation should include evidence on how well the applicant did in relation to other graduates on the same course,
- proof of adequate
English language skills (e.g. explanations by the candidate or test results such as TOEFL etc.); proof of basic German is particularly important as stated in the enrollment regulations of TU Kaiserslautern.
(Institution Codes: TOEFL 7967, GRE 7143)
For the Application also preliminary versions of these documents may be sufficient. In this case the final credentials have to be given later.
Application DeadlinesYou can apply for enrollment in the summer semester, or winter semester
|Application Deadlines||for candidates who|
- are German or EU citizen
- have a German degree (e.g. Abitur)
- not needing a visa
|for candidates from foreign countries outside the EU |
- candidates needing a visa
|summer semester||15 January||31 October|
|winter semester||15 July||30 April|
Due to the usually high volume of applications, the decision and notification about admission will be communicated 6 weeks after the corresponding application deadline.
Transition from local Bachelor's towards Master's Courses of StudiesIn case you are already enrolled in one of our Bachelor's Courses of Studies at the TU Kaiserslautern please consider the specific Transition Rules.
How do I become a student at Kaiserslautern University of Technology?Please select one of the following application methods:
- Postal Application
(mandatory for candidates from Germany)
- Electronic Application (with support from ISGS)
(mandatory for candidates from foreign countries)
(candidates from Germany only)
(candidates from foreign countries)
You will find all important subject-independent info regarding the studies in the brochure Information of the University of Technology for students and people interested in studying.
This comprises informations about:
In order to support applicants and students from foreign countries, the University of Kaiserslautern established the ISGS (International School for Graduate Studies).
The ISGS consults and supports you concerning your application and throughout your whole study, e.g.:
Please send your application with the filled in Application Form for Admission to Studies for Foreign Applicants to the following address:
The system will guide you through the application process. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider also the ISGS information for your application.
Note on the application forms (both methods):
For the application itself we only require attachments that are necessary to verify your qualification.
All other attachments can be given later during enrollment.
More information concerning costs of study and living:
- Costs of Study and Living
- Study accounts for Consecutive/Non-Consecutive Master's Courses of Studies
Furthermore, the University of Kaiserslautern must charge a fee (50 EUR) for the verification and acceptance of foreign qualifications and certificates. Please find more details here.